What is the term SEO? What is the link between this acronym and the SEO of your website?
For all those who still do not know, you will find out why the three SEO letters are important for referencing your website and your visibility .
SEO is an English acronym meaning “Search Engine Optimization”, once translated into good French, this gives us “Search Engine Optimization” , SEO is simply the English equivalent of SEO word , yes but still?
The optimization of a website for search engines (SEO) is to get a good positioning in search engine results.
In practice, an SEO-optimized website meets a set of technical and editorial criteria (about 200 according to Matt Cutts at the head of the Google’s Webspam team). The respect of these criteria of construction of page or site makes it possible to promote understanding of its theme and its contents by Google and the other search engines. A properly optimized website or web page is then considered as ” SEO friendly “ .
SEO = Referencing?
Answer: Not quite, although SEO Translation in good French is SEO (Search Engine Optimization) , the term SEO is much broader reality, it includes both the SEO (search engine optimization) And paid referencing (adwords campaign sponsored adwords).
Conclusion: The term SEO is equivalent to our so-called natural referencing, the word SEO employed alone brings together several activities.
Website referencing activity is on the rise and the trend is unlikely to reverse. Over the years, competition has become increasingly strong to get good positions on search engines, and on Google in particular. This increased competition results from the growth of the number of websites in the same theme and the use of web agencies and SEO agencies for natural referencing services.
Why improve the SEO of its website?
The answer is very simple: optimizing its SEO makes it possible for example to increase the number of visitors on its website.
The ultimate goals of an SEO strategy can be multiple and they are specific to each website, among the most popular goals we will find the following:
- Target qualified prospects,
- Increase your incoming traffic,
- Limit your addiction to AdWords,
- Maintaining a good positioning on the search engines,
- Lower your acquisition costs,
- Increase your ROI (return of investment)
How to optimize the SEO of its website?
The optimization of SEO of a website is a vast subject, you will find below a non-exhaustive but representative list of actions to be carried out in all SEO strategies .
- Choosing a ” good domain name “
- While choosing its keywords ,
- Analyze the competition on your keywords and take advantage of it,
- Install a Google Analytics tracker ,
- Use Google Webmaster Tools (renamed Google Search Console) ,
- Choosing a web host that is powerful and properly sized,
- Optimize loading time with a cache manager and a CDN ,
- Proposing unique and quality editorial content ,
- Avoid at all costs duplicate content ,
- Get good inbound links (a high page rank as well as a good Trust Flow )
- To work on the internal linking (meshing between the pages of the website) ,
- Avoid flash content , (blocking factors)
- Update its website regularly,
- Optimize meta tags descriptions ,
- Working semantic markup ,
- Make its website responsive design and mobile friendly ,
- Look for zero positions ,
- Exploit structured data , micro-formats, …
If you own a website and you want to improve its SEO then you get in touch with us